Mission, Vision, and Goals
This group of families and supportive people aim to build a truly integrated community for individuals whose needs are as unique and special as the people they represent.
Mission and Purpose
The purposes of the Arc of Dearborn County include partnering with various community members to heighten awareness of people who have developmental disabilities and to routinely provide opportunities for enrichment and dignity to occur within their lives.
- An ongoing community awareness campaign to raise and maintain the recognition and understanding of this groupís purpose
- A partnership with regional special needs organizations to promote the well-being and integration of area people who have developmental disabilities
- A plan to involve "business partners" and design useful jobs that match dreams of the individuals we represent
- A training program for "peer partners" to help educate and empower their typical peers who can help further nurture friendships beyond awkward acceptance
- A network of educational and therapeutic "professional partners" to serve as catalysts for progress; a group who can be both consulted and supported (i.e., teachers who require field trip funds, etc.) by The Arc of Dearborn County
- An active "parent-partner" network targeted to reach new parents via connections with area pediatricians and physicians; a group who may positively help inspire "re-dreaming" for young parents
- A sub-committee to follow legislative activities and help drive issues regarding developmental disabilities to the attention of citizens and elected officials
- "Feasibility partners" who can help target and achieve fundraising events (e.g., 5k runs / walks, golf tournaments, etc.), and who will work to establish corporate partners in the community
- Social events that move toward bringing people of all abilities together
- A long-term "brick and mortar" presence that incorporates work, living, and community experiences within the public realm