What Laws Apply to Me?
...in Colleges, Universities, and Technical Schools?
Credit given to: Full Life Ahead
The Law is Different Once I Finish High School
- I receive accommodations and services under IDEA 2004. (Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act or Section 504 and the ADA)
- School must provide testing at no cost to determine if I have a disability.
- School is required to provide the services and accommodations I need.
- All accommodations and services included in my IEP must be provided at no cost to my parents or me.
- I must apply for services. I must meet each agency's requirements.
- I must provide my own documents to prove my disability.
- I must request accommodations within a reasonable time frame.